Recipe by Patty Mae
This sauce is perfect for topping my bread pudding, and would also work on steamed pudding, cobbler, pie, etc.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a double boiler over simmering water.
- Add powdered sugar and salt and whisk until sugar is incorporated and sauce is smooth.
- Whisk in vanilla and bourbon.
- Immediately add the egg yolk and stir until well blended.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce heats through and thickens slightly.
- Serve immediately.