Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 6 -7 sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cube sweet potatoes and boil in water until soft.
- Add brown sugar, bourbon, butter and mash well.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- TIPS- All ingredients are to taste. If you want to add more cinnamon and not so much bourbon, for example, feel free.
This was a tough one to rate. I followed the recipe "almost" to the letter. It is difficult when it lists a number of sweet potatoes instead of the number of cups. There are way too many different sizes of sweet potatoes (I used big ones and thought they would equal 6-7 mediums). My husband is the real expert at taste and he did not care for this at all. He said it had way too much Bourbon and vanilla (and he loves me cooking with Bourbon.) Since it was the first time making it, I couldn't really know whether I would want to add more or less of any ingredient as the tip suggested. I thought it tasted ok though a bit stronger bite with the amount of Bourbon. Made for My 3 Chefs (08)