Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
i think i got this from fine cooking, but i'm not sure as i copied so many magazine recipes to try during this slow week at the office. in any event, with a few adaptions, this was delicious and quite easy to make using my kitchenaid mixer.
- 340.19 g butter, room temperature, plus more
- butter, for greasing the pan
- 828.06 ml flour, plus more
- flour, for flouring the pan
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml kosher salt
- 709.77 ml packed light brown sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temp
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml Bourbon
- 473.18 ml toasted pecans, chopped
- 78.07 ml Bourbon
- 78.07 ml confectioners' sugar
- preheat oven to 350.
- in a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and sida and salt.
- butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- in a stand mixer add butter and whip for 2-3 minutes.
- add sugar and mix 3 minutes more.
- add eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl a few times.
- add vanilla and mix until combined.
- mix buttermilk and bourbon.
- alternately add flour mix and buttermilk mix, starting and ending with flour.
- add nuts and stir in well.
- pour mixture into bundt pan and bake for 70 minutes until cooked.
- cool in pan 15 minutes.
- meanwhile make the glaze, heat bourbon and sugar together in micro for 1 minute or on stovetop to simmer, brush over warm cake.
Taste was good, but I had a really hard time trying to remove from the bundt pan. I never did get it removed. This is really upsetting. Apparently this is common in pound cakes, but I have never had an issue.
So moist! Such good flavor! A very dangerous cake to have around--so easy to slice off another sliver...The glaze is just right -- not too much, just the right touch of bourbon sweetness. This is a big cake--I halved the recipe and still had a substantial cake. The depth of flavor is such that it's hard to believe what a simple recipe this is. Thanks, Chia!