Recipe by chia
i think i got this from fine cooking, but i'm not sure as i copied so many magazine recipes to try during this slow week at the office. in any event, with a few adaptions, this was delicious and quite easy to make using my kitchenaid mixer.
Top Review by Anonymous
Wonderful recipe, I did cut back brown sugar by 1/3 cup then added 1/3 cup granulated sugar, increased but on to 1/2 cup, used 3-3x6 aluminum loaf pans , buttered and flowered, the flexibility of the pans made them easy to remove, 2 were gone in less then 24 hours, froze the third loaf. George myrtle beach sc
- 12 ounces butter, room temperature, plus more
- butter, for greasing the pan
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour, plus more
- flour, for flouring the pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- in a large bowl mix flour, baking powder and sida and salt.
- butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- in a stand mixer add butter and whip for 2-3 minutes.
- add sugar and mix 3 minutes more.
- add eggs one at a time, scraping down bowl a few times.
- add vanilla and mix until combined.
- mix buttermilk and bourbon.
- alternately add flour mix and buttermilk mix, starting and ending with flour.
- add nuts and stir in well.
- pour mixture into bundt pan and bake for 70 minutes until cooked.
- cool in pan 15 minutes.
- meanwhile make the glaze, heat bourbon and sugar together in micro for 1 minute or on stovetop to simmer, brush over warm cake.