Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Yummy marinade. Fast easy and very good. Prep time is for marinade
Make and share this Bourbon, Brown Sugar Flank Steak W/ Garlic-chive Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 8 fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- To prepare steak, combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Combine reserved marinade and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- To prepare potatoes, place potatoes and garlic in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Return potatoes and garlic to pan, and place over medium heat. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash potato mixture to desired consistency with a potato masher. Stir in chopped chives. Mound 3/4 cup potatoes on each of 8 plates; arrange 3 ounces steak around each serving of potatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce on each plate; sprinkle with chive pieces, if desired.
I actually quadrupled the sauce. I used half the amount of Dijon mustard, perhaps my brand was overly strong but with half the amount of mustard it gave the right amount of bite without overpowering the other flavours. I cooked this for fathers day and it went down very well indeed! A definite impress the guests, comfort food meal!
excellent recipe, the sauce is fantastic. recommend doubling it.
Wow. This was yummy. The sauce was very good. The meat cooked quickly on the BBQ, I marinated for 3 days. Hubby loved it. After 3 helpings at dinner, he asked if he could take the rest for lunch. Even the 3 yr old and the 2 yr old liked it! WOW! Thanks AZRT!