1/3 Photos of Bourbon, Brown Sugar Flank Steak W/ Garlic-chive Mashed Potatoes
Yummy marinade. Fast easy and very good. Prep time is for marinade
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (2 lb) flank steaks, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 8 fresh chives, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1To prepare steak, combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add steak. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade.
- 2Prepare grill.
- 3Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 4Combine reserved marinade and cornstarch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5To prepare potatoes, place potatoes and garlic in a large Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 6Return potatoes and garlic to pan, and place over medium heat. Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mash potato mixture to desired consistency with a potato masher. Stir in chopped chives. Mound 3/4 cup potatoes on each of 8 plates; arrange 3 ounces steak around each serving of potatoes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon sauce on each plate; sprinkle with chive pieces, if desired.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon, Brown Sugar Flank Steak W/ Garlic-chive Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.3 mg
- Sodium 763.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: