Recipe by I Cook Therefore I Am
Posted for ZWT III, this a Southwestern dessert from 1,000 Vegetarian Recipes. This is a super easy way to dress up fruit for a quick dessert, and it will work with almost any kind of fruit that is fleshy enough to broil. I particularly like it over melon like honeydew. I am not a big fan of desserts, but this one is actually really really good and so versatile.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
Big hit with my family! I cut my pineapple in strips as I was dividing one whole one between two recipes. We really enjoyed the lightly sweetened flavor that complimented the fresh pineapple so well. It was not at all syrupy thick like I had expected it to be. Such an easy dessert too! Thanks for sharing, I Cook! Made & enjoyed for ZWT5 - Ali Baba's Babes.
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the first three ingredients.
- Lay the pineapple slices out over a foil lined broiler pan.
- Brush with 1/2 of the sugar mix and broil for about 5 minutes on one side.
- Turn the slices over and brush with the rest of the mixture broil for another 5 minutes.
- These can be garnished with mango salsa and chopped cilantro for a really pretty presentation.