Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 orange slices
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Combine flour,salt and pepper,dredge chops in flour mixture.
- Brown on both sides in oil in a large skillet.
- Place an orange slice on each chop.
- Combine brown sugar,cornstarch and allspice in a small saucepan,gradually stir in water.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly,until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute,stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat,stir in orange juice,bourbon and rasins.
- Spoon over pork chops.
- Cover,reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until pork chops are tender,stirring occasionally.