jas kaur's Note:
A real old favourite from the UK, this biscuit was created in 1910 by the Peek Freans biscuit company. It is basically two chocolate biscuits sandwiched together with a chocolate flavoured cream filling and this recipe attempts to replicate the biscuit greenchronicle.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 ounce cocoa
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces caster sugar or 2 ounces superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- granulated sugar, for coating the biscuits
- 1Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy and beat in syrup.
- 3Stir in half of the flour mixture.
- 4Turn dough on to working surface and knead in remaining flour mixture.
- 5Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 6Sprinkle top with granulated sugar and press in with rolling pin.
- 7Cut dough into neat fingers (approx. 1 x 2 1/2 inches).
- 8Lift on to greased baking sheet.
- 9Prick each biscuit 2 or 3 times with a fork.
- 10Bake at 325oF/160oC/gas mark 3 for 15-20 minutes.
- 12Beat all remaining ingredients for filling together.
- 13Sandwich biscuits together in pairs.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bourbon Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 22.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g