Recipe by tinkerbelle79
This came from "The Lady and Sons" cookbook by Paula Deen. This is a grill recipe but it can be also used in a 350°F oven, cooked for about an hour.
Top Review by rosslare
Exceptionally tasting beef tenderloin! Very simple and so good. Not too sweet even with all that brown sugar, just right. I left the water out all together from the marinade and just kept turning the beef more often. The reserved marinade I boiled for a minute and served on vegetables.
- 1 cup Bourbon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 3 -4 sprigs chopped fresh thyme
- 1 beef tenderloin, connective tissue removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a marinade by combining bourbon, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, water and thyme.
- Secure beef with butcher's string.
- Pour marinade over beef and refrigerate for 8-12 hours
- Turn meat several times during that time.
- Prepare grill.
- Place meat on oiled grill, reserving marinade.
- Cook on high heat with lid closed, turning often and basting occasionally.
- Cook until desired doneness.
- Using a meat thermometer: rare-115 to 120°F, medium rare-130-135F, medium-140-145°F.