Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love grilled and broiled beef, but sometimes I have to buy a really tough piece of meat because of the expense. This marinade will make a tough piece of meat enjoyable, as long as you let it soak for at least 8 hours. Great taste, and uses things you normally have in your pantry. Prep time does not include marinating time!!
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Place steak in a large shallow dish or in a zip lock bag. Pour marinade mixture over the steak; cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours. If you put it into a bag, squeeze the excess air out so the marinade is touching the steak all over.
- Take the steak out of the refrigerator an hour before preparing so the meat can relax and absorb the flavors.
- Remove the steak from the marinade, reserving marinade. Sprinkle with black pepper if desired. If broiling, place on a rack in a broiler pan. Broil 5 1/2 inches from the heat for 5 minutes (if electric, leave the door open). Turn; brush with marinade. Broil an additional 4 to 6 minutes or to desired doneness. Sprinkle with pepper to taste. Slice steak diagonally across grain into slices to serve. If grilling, prepare charcoal and once your coals are medium high, place the steak on the grill. Grill for 4 minutes with the cover on the grill. Remove the cover and flip the steak. Grill for another 4 minutes, or until the meat reaches desired doneness. Slice and serve. Enjoy!
This was positively exquisite. We all really enjoyed this recipe. The marinade was so delicious and made the beef moist and quite delicious. I chose to broil the beef, but I can imagine it would be just as delicious (if not more) if we had grilled it. Thank you for sharing your recipe, breezermom. Made for ZWT8 - Australia. Yum!
Delicious flavor. I used this on 2 kinds of steak that needed to be used from the freezer. We weren't able to marinate as long as recipe stated but was greatly enjoyed. Made for Best of 2011.
10 STARS!!!! Delicious flavor and the meat was VERY tender (I had a last minute change of plans for the night that I was going to cook it, so just let it marinade until the next night) Next time, I think I will boil down the marinade while the steak is cooking, so we can use it as a sauce!