Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
You may reduce the whiskey to 1/2 cup cup, but it is better if the full 1 cup is added --- plan ahead the sauce needs to stay in the fridge for 24 hours before using.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup chili sauce (Heinz is good)
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice (juice from crushed pineapple is good)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple (drained, use the juice)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup jack daniels Bourbon
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic, until the onion is transparent.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except the whiskey.
- Bring to a boil; turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in the Jack Daniels and Tabasco sauce; simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 24 hours before using.