Recipe by Pets'R'us
And another gift idea! Don't forget to use it yourself on chicken, pork and beef. I have made this using Tequila but the Bourbon does give it a nicer flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep frying pan (Dutch oven?), melt the butter and gently fry the onions, chilies and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add all the other ingredients, except the Bourbon, stirring after each addition.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the Bourbon and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool, stir now and then.
- Put in clean jars or wide neck bottles and label.
- Store in a cool dark place.