Recipe by Nurslinda
Great way to end a good meal with this irresistible dessert. Easy and can be prepared ahead of time.
Top Review by KittyKitty
These are very good. My grandmother used to make them this way at Christmas, and we could never get enough. She would cover hers with different types of chocolate, and coatings (butterscotch, white chocolate, etc.) and add different fillings in some,( coconut, different nuts, peanut butter) But the bourbon ones with the hazlenut was my favorite.
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely ground hazelnuts
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix wafer crumbs, confectioners sugar, hazelnuts, bourbon, cocoa and syrup in medium-size bowl.
- Press all ingredients in bowl together to form a large ball.
- Shape into balls, 1 tbsp each; place on waxed paper.
- Place granulated sugar in small shallow dish.
- Roll small balls in sugar to coat.
- Place in tightly covered container for at least 23 hours in a cool place for flavors to develop.
- To serve, place in individual colored mini cupcake papers.
- NOTE: Store in tightly covered container in cool place up to several weeks.