Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipes comes from my aunt. These are wonderful cookies for the adults during the holidays! You can substitute other liqueurs for the bourbon, such as brandy, rum, or Kahlua (Kahlua balls are scrumptious)! You can also substitute walnuts for the pecans if you'd like.
- 3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup whole pecans, finely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- powdered sugar
- Finely crush vanilla sugar wafers in a food processor and measure out 3 cups worth.
- Finely crush 1 cup of whole pecans in a food processor.
- Mix wafers, nuts, powdered sugar, and cocoa.
- Stir in bourbon and corn syrup.
- Using a teaspoon to help gather mixture for each ball, shape mixture into 3/4" to 1" balls.
- Rolls balls in powdered sugar. I do this by dropping batches of the balls into a ziplock bag with a bit of powdered sugar in it. Refill some sugar into ziplock bag as needed.
- Refrigerate in tightly covered containers several days before serving (though they are very yummy right away!).
- Makes about 5 to 8 dozen balls.