Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I make these for Christmas presents, and for my husband when he gets the cravings for them. Everyone loves them and it's the first thing they ask me at Christmas. "Are you making the Bourbon Balls?" This is one of my biggest requests.
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons paraffin wax
- Mix the whole pound of sugar and butter together.
- Add Bourbon and pecan chips, then add extra powdered sugar to your mixture till you are able to roll into balls easily. I usually add up to an extra 1/2 pound, depends.
- I usually have to let them sit in the fridge for an hour before I roll them, that all depends on how much extra powdered sugar I add.
- Roll into balls. Put back in the fridge to harden 1 hour or until you get your chocolate melted.
- Melt Chocolate Chips and Parrifin wax in double boiler. Use milk chocolate or semi sweet chips, whatever your taste. Milk Chocolate can be very sweet. As for the wax, add enough wax to make the chocolate thin and coat easily. 1 package of Chips should coat all the bourbon balls.
- Dip balls in chocolate, let set up on wax paper.
- These get better with age. My husband says they are great after they've sat a week. They get stronger tasting as they sit.