Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This came from my local paper. It sounds extremely yummy and super easy to make!
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup instant minced onion
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 6 slices bacon
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of syrup.
- In large casserol, combine beans, pineapple syrup, brown sugar, bourbon, onion, instant coffee and mustard.
- Let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Arrange bacon on top of beans and pineapple on top of bacon.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 1.5 hours.
We really enjoyed this recipe! I made this to go along with meatloaf and Recipe #358009 very comforting meal! I didn't have any instant minced onions, so I added finely chopped 1 small onion. I made this in my crockpot for convenience as I took this to my parents for their dinner. Cooked on low 3 1/2 hours. I used crushed pineapple to mix in the beans, and pre cooked the bacon and crumbled it. I added it the last hour of cooking. Great recipe! Loved the added pineapple! Made for KK Chef's Pick Tag
This recipe is fantastic!I can taste the coffee, and it adds depth, and along with the other ingredients, it's just amazing! It makes a new recipe out of ordinary ingredients! Thanks for sharing! I made this for Chef's Pick tag game at KK.
This was made and enjoyed for KK's Chef's Pick forum event, I did make a few changes, I used a small chopped onion in place of the dried, added in cayenne pepper and fresh minced garlic, this is a great baked bean recipe, thank you for sharing Lorraine!