Recipe by MakeMineCadburys
This came from my local paper. It sounds extremely yummy and super easy to make!
Top Review by kittycatmom
We really enjoyed this recipe! I made this to go along with meatloaf and Recipe #358009 very comforting meal! I didn't have any instant minced onions, so I added finely chopped 1 small onion. I made this in my crockpot for convenience as I took this to my parents for their dinner. Cooked on low 3 1/2 hours. I used crushed pineapple to mix in the beans, and pre cooked the bacon and crumbled it. I added it the last hour of cooking. Great recipe! Loved the added pineapple! Made for KK Chef's Pick Tag
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup instant minced onion
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of syrup.
- In large casserol, combine beans, pineapple syrup, brown sugar, bourbon, onion, instant coffee and mustard.
- Let stand at room temperature for one hour.
- Arrange bacon on top of beans and pineapple on top of bacon.
- Bake uncovered in 375 degree oven for 1.5 hours.