Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
very nice side dish for turkey or other poultry,perfect side dish for thanksgiving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- heat 1/4 c butter in a skillet.
- add shallots, cook 5 minutes to soften.
- add apples, bourbon and maple syrup, cook for 3 minutes.
- add cider and boil for 5 minutes until most of the liquid evaporates.
- reduce heat and stir in remaining butter 1 tbsp at a time.
- add nutmeg, cloves and sage, stirring.
- serve warm.
These are so good! I served them in individual dishes to my guests for Thanksgiving and everyone just loved them!
This was awesome! Flavor was perfect with our smoked pheasant, and made a nice substitute for the usual potatoes. Was very simple to make; one of the best things we had this Thanksgiving. Wouldn't change a thing!
Chia, these are so delicious. I made them just like the recipe said, didn't change a thing, except used 4 tablespoons bourbon, YUM. Loved the flavor of the spices espically the sage. When my DDIL tasted this , we decided to serve it as DESSERT, OM GOSH , this is delicious over vanilla ice cream. I will be making this again to serve with Turkey and Chicken. Even though it makes a yummy dessert. Thank you Chia.