- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 4 golden delicious apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- heat 1/4 c butter in a skillet.
- add shallots, cook 5 minutes to soften.
- add apples, bourbon and maple syrup, cook for 3 minutes.
- add cider and boil for 5 minutes until most of the liquid evaporates.
- reduce heat and stir in remaining butter 1 tbsp at a time.
- add nutmeg, cloves and sage, stirring.
- serve warm.