Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Betty Crocker. These look so good in a shot glass. My vote goes for the 'Note' at the end of the directions!!
- 4 cups chopped crisp all-purpose apples (such as Fuji)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F In large bowl, stir together Shooters ingredients until well combined.
- Place mixture in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- In medium bowl, mix Topping ingredients with hands.
- Crumble topping over apples.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat Bourbon Cream ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until mixture begins to thicken. Gradually increase speed to high; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon warm apple crisp into shot glasses.
- Top each with bourbon cream.
- Serve warm.
- Note:To make this dessert even boozier, add a teaspoon of bourbon on top of the apple crisp after spooning it into the shot glasses.
When I asked DH what he thought of this, he said "quite tasty, think I'll have another!" And he did. Twice. His third helping was just for research purposes, to see what it would be like with a drizzle of bourbon over the top. He says five stars - and I agree! This is an excellent crisp, and the bourbon cream is delicious. I personally think the small portion was perfect, but DH insists it needs to be a larger serving. Either way, you can't go wrong. Thanks for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2013.
I tried making this last night and it came out very runny. I am not sure what I did wrong, but it looked ok until I added the bourbon and that seemed to make it very soupy and it didnt thicken up or evaporate much in the oven. It tasted ok, but the consistancy just kinda ruined it for me.