Recipe by TPubmgjbd
It's impossible to describe the flavor of this ham. I use dark brown sugar when I do this and real maple syrup. This is my Easter ham, Christmas ham and, if I do a ham for Thanksgiving, it's my Thanksgiving ham. The marinating time is included in the preparation time. The ham itself is really simple and easy to prepare.
- 6 -8 lbs precooked ham, fat on
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Score ham.
- Place ham in a large sealable plastic bag and pour bourbon over ham.
- Marinate for 2 to 3 hours (I have left it marinating overnight with excellent results).
- Pour off bourbon, reserving for later, and bake ham at 325 degrees for 2 hours.
- Melt butter.
- Stir in reserved bourbon marinade, maple syrup, brown sugar and chopped pecans.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pour glaze over ham and brush with a pastry brush.
- Decorate with pecan halves and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.