Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Wonderful, from Houston Jr. League Stop and Smell the Rosemary. Cooking time will vary, so time given is approximate. You can modify cooking heat/time and use a spiral-sliced ham - save the glaze packet that comes with it for another time.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- If necessary, trim the rind and fat from the ham, leaving only 1/4" layer of fat.
- Place the ham in the roasting pan.
- Score the ham in a diamond pattern, with a sharp knife.
- Stick one whole clove into the center of each diamond.
- Combine water, sherry and ginger in a small bowl, then pour over ham.
- Bake 5 minutes per pound.
- Combine the marmalade, bourbon and mustard in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Increase oven temp to 450°F.
- Brush the glaze over the cooked ham, then sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake until ham reaches a rich brown color, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon off the fat from the pan juices.
- Transfer the pan juices to a saucepan, and boil until thick, about 10 minutes or so.
- Serve the ham with the pan juices.