Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Wonderful, from Houston Jr. League Stop and Smell the Rosemary. Cooking time will vary, so time given is approximate. You can modify cooking heat/time and use a spiral-sliced ham - save the glaze packet that comes with it for another time.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- If necessary, trim the rind and fat from the ham, leaving only 1/4" layer of fat.
- Place the ham in the roasting pan.
- Score the ham in a diamond pattern, with a sharp knife.
- Stick one whole clove into the center of each diamond.
- Combine water, sherry and ginger in a small bowl, then pour over ham.
- Bake 5 minutes per pound.
- Combine the marmalade, bourbon and mustard in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Increase oven temp to 450°F.
- Brush the glaze over the cooked ham, then sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake until ham reaches a rich brown color, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon off the fat from the pan juices.
- Transfer the pan juices to a saucepan, and boil until thick, about 10 minutes or so.
- Serve the ham with the pan juices.