Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
In ‘ Slow Cooker Revolution: Volume 2’ by ATK
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- Combine potatoes, water, and ½ tsp salt in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 4-5 hours on LOW or 3-4 hours on HIGH.
- Drain potatoes and return to now empty slow cooker.
- Mash potatoes with potato masher until smooth.
- Fold in melted butter, bourbon, cream, and sugar, adjusting consistency with extra warm cream as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Mashed potatoes can be held on WARM or LOW setting for up to 2 hours; loosen with extra warm cream as needed before serving.