Recipe by -Patrish
Use these little bags of seasonings in stews, soups and bean dishes. Use home-prepared dried garlic, if possible.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Hi,Thank you for this recipe,For Christmas I made up a lot of spice blends and yours was one of them,I put them in little baskets,and gave them for gifts,they were well recieved. Thank You,Darlene
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried savory (if only summer savory is available, use a heaping 1 T)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- 6 bay leaves, broken in thirds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried garlic flakes or 6 cloves home dried garlic (better, but not everyone has a dehydrator)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut six double layers of cheesecloth in 6-inch squares.
- Cut six 5-inch pieces of string.
- Place basil, oregano, rosemary, savory, thyme, tarragon, celery seeds, if using, and garlic flakes in small bowl.
- Toss together until well combined.
- Place 1 bay leaf (3 pieces) in the center of each cheesecloth square.
- Divide the herb mixture evenly among each bundle.
- Bring edges of one piece of cheesecloth together in center.
- Tie securey with one piece of string.
- Repeat with remaining bundles.