Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These make a thoughtful gift to place in gift baskets to friends or relatives. Also nice to have for yourself.
- 24 sprigs fresh parsley, small
- 12 bay leaves, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried whole thyme, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon leaves, divided
- unbleached muslin cheesecloth
- kite string
- canning jar
- Wrap 2 parsley sprigs, 1 bay leaf, 1/8 tsp thyme, and 1/8 tsp tarragon in a 6" square of cheesecloth.
- Tie into a bag using kite string.
- Pack herb bouquets into a wide-mouthed canning jar, with a clamped lid.
- Use as a seasoning for stews or sauces, adding bouquet during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Perfect. I love that this recipe includes tarragon. The others I've tried didn't and that makes this one so much better. THanks for posting.
Made this for Sue L's Basic Chicken Stock recipe #40508. Only made one as that's all I needed at this time, but plan on making more and storing them just as soon as I get the correct type of jar to store them in. Thanks Sue for an easy and wonderful smelling seasoning that I'll be able to use in quite a few recipes! Enjoy the pics.