Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Called 'em Bounty Burgers because of their size and all the good stuff on them, *and* I think my husband would put a price on the head of anyone who ate the last one (that's his for the next day) We don't even try to force these into a bun, just serve with fries and a side salad. Good for outdoor grilling, or can be done indoors (broil/saute)
- Thoroughly mix ground beef, seasonings and oil.
- Form into three patties; and let them"set a spell", while you prepare the veggies.
- Grill or saute sliced mushrooms and onion slices and set aside; (don't worry if onion slice breaks up, it all tastes the same).
- Grill or broil patties to just short of desired doneness.
- Top each patty with one tomato slice, 1/3 of mushroom/onion, and one slice of cheese.
- Return to grill (or pop in a hot 450-475 oven) until cheese melts.
Excellent flavor! My husband made a triple batch of these a few weeks ago and froze the patties. We thawed half the batch in the fridge overnight [the smell of garlic was amazing every time we opened the fridge door!] and barbequed them for supper last night. They were moist and delicious. We will definitely be making these again. Note to the chef...you should add these to the OAMC category, as they freeze well.