Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
From the Pirates Pantry by the Lake Charles LA Junior League This is Boudin Blanc. Boudin is blood sausage with pigs blood.
- 6 lbs fresh ground lean pork
- 2 lbs fresh fatty ground pork
- 2 lbs pork liver, ground
- 6 onions
- 3 bell peppers
- 12 celery ribs
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 cups green onion tops, chopped
- 16 cups cooked rice (boiled)
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 5 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 3 tablespoons red peppers
- hog casing
- Place ground meats in large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and cover. Simmer for 3 to 4 hours or until well cooked. Pour off excess liquid and save.
- Grind onions, peppers, celery and garlic using grinder or blender.
- Mix meat and veggies then add your rice. Use 1 large bowl or 2 small bowls.
- Combine the accent, salt, pepper and mix well. Then add to other ingedients and mix well. sample at random to make sure seasoning is uniform. If it is too dry ass some of the meat liquid.
- Fill casings using sausage stuffer or a meat grinder attachment. Twist casing every 6 to 10 inches. Flip to right then to left. This makes your links. Tie the ends
- To heat place in boiling water for 30 minutes or microwave for 15-30 seconds.
- To quote the author of the recipe Mrs. William E Shaddock says "Makes a ton".
- Note: The rice: meat is a 2:1 ratio. The servings is sheer guess-timent.