Recipe by Hilary in Oregon
This recipe is from the 4-H member's manual, Foods of the Pacific Northwest!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans, heated
- 1 small head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bag corn chips or 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced olive (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat chili in saucepan on range. Start with medium heat and lower heat when it begins to bubble. Stir frequently to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cut heat lettuce in half. Place on cutting board. Shred each half by making thin, even slices lengthwise. You can also shred tlettuce in a food processor.
- Grate cheese, chop toppings, set aside and serve.