Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very easy to make play-doh that is bouncy (a bit like silly putty).
Make and share this Bouncy Play-Doh recipe from Food.com.
- Mix oil and water in bowl.
- Whisk in flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- Heat on medium in a saucepan and keep stirring until it clumps up into a ball.
- Take out of saucepan and kneed well until cool.
- Sieve some flour on to it and kneed, repeat until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in air tight container in fridge when not in use (it will last about a week).
This was great! My toddler was able to dump in the dry ingredients and stir a bit, then I finished off the mixing and cooked it up. Be sure to continuously scrape the bottom of your pot when cooking as it goes fast once the dough heats up! I've made orange and purple so far, and it's been a hit. I store it in a Gladware container, and it's lasted over a week already. It does leave a slight sheen on the table from the small bit of oil, but it's not messy at all. Just what I was looking for! Thanks!
Took me maybe 5 minutes to make, I started making it thinking it was a non-cooking one. But then kept going and it was great, I had no idea it was so easy. I added a little yellow coloring since I didn't care if it bounced I just needed a low oil version. Works great!
wonderful, thank you!! just what i needed. i did replace the cream of tartar with vinegar after some google searching because i didn't have the c of t at hand, and it worked wonderfully.