Recipe by mattdempster
A very easy to make play-doh that is bouncy (a bit like silly putty).
Top Review by Clarely
This was great! My toddler was able to dump in the dry ingredients and stir a bit, then I finished off the mixing and cooked it up. Be sure to continuously scrape the bottom of your pot when cooking as it goes fast once the dough heats up! I've made orange and purple so far, and it's been a hit. I store it in a Gladware container, and it's lasted over a week already. It does leave a slight sheen on the table from the small bit of oil, but it's not messy at all. Just what I was looking for! Thanks!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (heaped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- food coloring (it works best without)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil and water in bowl.
- Whisk in flour, salt and cream of tartar.
- Heat on medium in a saucepan and keep stirring until it clumps up into a ball.
- Take out of saucepan and kneed well until cool.
- Sieve some flour on to it and kneed, repeat until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in air tight container in fridge when not in use (it will last about a week).