Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Shrimp dish based on a mojito drink at Boulevard Gourmet's restaurant. I will admit I cheated and tossed the shrimp for 3 minutes after marinading into the grill basket. I'm chicken of ceviches :D Made it once, was drinking mojitos when I ate it, not sure if my judgement is accurate *hic* :) It did taste great though! Time includes marinade>
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 59.14 ml chopped of fresh mint, plus about
- 30 leaf of fresh mint, for garnish
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 907.18 g shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail shells intact (26 to 30 count)
- 30 slice French baguettes (1/2-inch-thick)
- 22.18 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the onions, 1 clove minced garlic, chopped mint, lime juice, salt and pepper in a nonreactive container. Add the shrimp, toss, cover and refrigerate 12 hours, tossing periodically to coat shrimp.
- Meanwhile, cut 1 garlic clove in half and rub the bread slices with the garlic. Place bread on a baking sheet and bake in a 350°F oven 15 minutes or until toasted. Serve each shrimp, tail up, on a bread round. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
delicious!!! must do it again.
I was also a little "chicken" about the ceviche but this turned out great! Perfect with our drinks. Loved the mint flavor.