Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This traditional recipe is from Senegal, on the western coast of Africa.
Make and share this Boulettes De Poisson (Senegal Fish Balls) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 lb cod, chopped (or other flaky whitefish fillets)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup prepared seafood cocktail sauce
- Combine water, 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, salt, pepper, and eggs in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Add 2 tablespoons egg mixture, fish, parsley, and garlic; process until a thick dough forms. Shape dough into 16 (1-inch) balls.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge fish balls in flour and dip in remaining egg mixture. Add fish balls to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until browned on all sides, turning frequently.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and cocktail sauce. Serve with fish balls.