AKA meatballs in white sauce. This is an old recipe, a variation of which was made in most Canadian homes. Every housewife had her own particular way of preparing this recipe. It was a dish that pleased the family and one that is recalled with fondness. Posted for Zaar World Tour II.
- Mix meat and seasonings. Shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Put enough water in saucepan that the meatballs will be covered. Bring to a boil.
- Add 1 meatball at a time so water does not stop boiling.
- Cook until liquid is reduced to about 1c - about 30 minutes.
- Whisk in flour to thicken and reseason to taste. Should you overthicken, just add more water to desired consistency.
- Serve over rice or noodles or by itself.