The secret ingredient is from a leftover growler of delicious amber ale from the Boulder City Brewing company in Nevada, which we recently visited. You can use your favorite red or dark ale as a substitute.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (8 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small purple onion
- 24 ounces amber ale
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packagesmccormick's original chili seasoning mix
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Brown turkey in large skillet with 12 oz of the ale, the steak seasoning, red pepper flakes and hot salt. When all ale is evaporated, add turkey to crock pot.
- Combine all canned items into a crock pot.
- Dice jalepenos, peppers and onion and add to pot. Add the other 12 oz of ale and contents of the seasoning packets. Bring to boil on high heat and then reduce to low heat. Simmer for 4-6 hours.
- Top with cheese and serve with hot french bread.