Adapted from The Book of New Israeli Food, via jannagur.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 9 ounces soft cheese, such as gvina levana (ricotta may be substituted)
- 7 ounces hard cheese such as kashkaval, grated (Parmesan may be substituted)
- 5 ounces brinza cheese, crumbled (feta may be substituted)
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces melted butter
- 2 ounces hard cheese, grated, for topping
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Combine flour, gvina levana cheese, kashkaval cheese, brinza cheese, egg, and butter.
- 3Mix well to form a soft dough. Add a little more flour if it's too wet to shape.
- 4Divide dough into 30 small balls, about the size of apricots.
- 5Dip the top of each ball into the grated topping cheese.
- 6Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- 7Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bouikos Con Kashkaval (Sephardic Cheese Buns)
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 227.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: