Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from The Book of New Israeli Food, via jannagur.com.
Make and share this Bouikos Con Kashkaval (Sephardic Cheese Buns) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 9 ounces soft cheese, such as gvina levana (ricotta may be substituted)
- 7 ounces hard cheese such as kashkaval, grated (Parmesan may be substituted)
- 5 ounces brinza cheese, crumbled (feta may be substituted)
- 1 egg
- 7 ounces melted butter
- 2 ounces hard cheese, grated, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine flour, gvina levana cheese, kashkaval cheese, brinza cheese, egg, and butter.
- Mix well to form a soft dough. Add a little more flour if it's too wet to shape.
- Divide dough into 30 small balls, about the size of apricots.
- Dip the top of each ball into the grated topping cheese.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.