Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this up because I had the boudin and the peppers. Boudin seems to be made just for this dish since it's similar to stuffings traditionally used for peppers, but I couldn't find a recipe. So, here is what I created in my kitchen, and it was really, REALLY good!!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, add salt to the water. Cover pot and heat water over medium high to high heat and bring to a boil. Place the boudin in a baking dish and place in the oven to warm for 10 minutes (or heat in a microwave for 2 minutes).
- While water is heating, rinse, cut tops off and remove seeds from bell peppers. When the water has come to a boil, add peppers. Return to a boil, stirring peppers, and boil for 3 minutes. Using tongs, remove peppers from water, strain and season the insides with black pepper. Remove water from heat and set aside.
- Cut casing of warmed boudin and removed filling. Stuff peppers with the boudin. Top each with about a tablespoon of diced tomatoes. Place stuffed peppers in a baking dish, and add some of the boiled water to the dish. Bake for 30 minutes. Top each with a slice of cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.
- yummy! (add about 220 calories to the nutritional analysis based on this recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/93882).