Recipe by Food Sorceress
I know not all people can get Boudin, but for those that can this sandwich is crunchy , cheesy and Boudin Good! !Not much to it , you just need Boudin which we get here in East Texas next to Louisiana border at the grocery stores. I myself use DJ's brand mild, any Boudin will do though. All you Boudin lovers know your favorite kind. . If you can smoke it first its even better , yet it as tasty just out of the skin. Which is the recipe that I am offering. So easy too! If you like Boudin balls you will love this.I came up with the recipe and hope you like it! It is my most requested sandwich.
- 1 boudin sausage, skin pulled off
- 2 slices white bread, any brand will do
- margarine, Butter, I use Smart Balance
- 1 -2 slice of kraft American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Take one link of boudin sausage and peel the skin off. Cut it into about 1 inch pieces and put in bowl or other vessel.
- Microwave for about 1 1/2 minute.
- Heat skillet on low medium, I use non stick skillet.
- Butter one side of piece of bread lay in heated skillet buttered side down, top it with boudin link you heated in microwave.Take the inch pieces one at a time and place on the piece of bread in skillet ,press Boudin around with a fork until it fits on the piece of bread. Be careful to keep the boudin in the center working outwards not falling off the edge.
- Top boudin with a slice of kraft cheese.If you really like it cheesy use 2 but one is just right for me.
- Then add the other piece of bread that you have buttered, put the buttered side top up, just like making a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Keep flipping with spatula until desired brown color is reached. I smash it down a little with patula each time I flip.
- Cut in half and serve.