Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sausage is great fried or grilled up by its self, or when added to your favorite gumbo recipe.
Make and share this Boudin Cajun Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 large onions (minced)
- 12 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 small hot chili peppers (Serrano, Etc)
- 2 stalks celery (minced)
- 1 large sweet red pepper (minced)
- 1 large sweet green pepper (minced)
- 2 medium leeks (minced)
- 6 green onions (minced)
- 1 cup parsley (minced)
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro (minced)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried savory
- Mix all thoroughly. Let sit overnight in refrigerator, then mix again.
- Stuff into large casings, forming 6" links.
- Cook what you need, and freeze the rest.