Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, chicken, and peas and carrots; mix well.
- Pour the filling mixture into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate, cover with the pie crust, pressing against the pie plate to seal, and flute if desire;, make several slits in the crust to create steam vents.
- Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until heated through and the crust is golden.
- let sit for 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
- NOTE: to give your crust a nice golden brown color, lightly coat it with nonstick cooking spray before baking.