Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Weber's Real Grilling
Top Review by Michelle S.
I was really impressed with this recipe! The marinade is really good, I did substitute grated onion for the sliced green onion as I did not want all the pieces thrown down the drain. The chicken was moist and juicy, with just a slight beer taste. Very, very good.I will most definitely make this again. I am glad I found this at the start of grill season.
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer, preferably lager
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 chicken thighs, 5-6 ounces each (with bone and skin)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the marinade: in a bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients.
- Trim the thighs of excess skin and fat; place them in a large zip-lock plastic bag.
- Pour in the marinade; press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- Turn the bag to distribute the marinade; place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 6-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove thighs from bag; discard marinade.
- Pat dry with paper towels; grill over direct medium heat, skin side down first, until the meat next to the bone is opaque, about 10 minutes, turning every 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.