- 1⁄2 lb butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg white, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly between two pie plates.
- Make cross hatch marks across the top with a fork, then spread the egg yolk over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely and slice into wedges.