A rich, Dutch cake often served with coffee or tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 3Mix in the egg white, baking powder, and salt.
- 4Slowly add the flour and mix well.
- 5Divide the batter evenly between two pie plates.
- 6Make cross hatch marks across the top with a fork, then spread the egg yolk over the top.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely and slice into wedges.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boterkoek (Butter Cake)
Serving Size: 1 (862 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1928.1
- Calories from Fat 861
- Total Fat 95.7 g
- Saturated Fat 59.2 g
- Cholesterol 349.7 mg
- Sodium 1427.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 256.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 159.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g