I went to the Botanical gardens yesterday and decided to bring a packed lunch. All I had was leftovers, but what they resulted in was THIS! (Of course, I'll probably never make it again because I'll never have the same ingredients. Oh well)
- 50 g sliced roasted chicken breast
- 6 slices roast red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons eggplant dip (I use Yumi's Mediterranean)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread all four slices of bread with dip.
- On two of the slices, arrange the spinach leaves evenly, then the chicken.
- Drape the peppers over the top. Drizzle a smidgen of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the other two slices of bread on top.
- By the way, these travel great. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in clingfilm !