I went to the Botanical gardens yesterday and decided to bring a packed lunch. All I had was leftovers, but what they resulted in was THIS! (Of course, I'll probably never make it again because I'll never have the same ingredients. Oh well)
- 50 g sliced roasted chicken breast
- 6 slices roast red peppers
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 tablespoons eggplant dip (I use Yumi's Mediterranean)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread all four slices of bread with dip.
- On two of the slices, arrange the spinach leaves evenly, then the chicken.
- Drape the peppers over the top. Drizzle a smidgen of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the other two slices of bread on top.
- By the way, these travel great. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in clingfilm !
Really good combination! It was even better than I was expecting. I made it exactly as written & wouldn't change a thing. Thank you!
Fabulous combination! I had to use white bread because that was all that was left at the baker's shop and I was in a hurry, and I doubled the amount of chicken (25g per sandwich didn't seem to be enough). Otherwise, I followed the instructions exactly. I made my aubergine dip a day in advance (when I roasted the peppers) by blitzing the pulp from a roasted aubergine with some lemon juice, olive oil and garlic. The flavours and textures of the sandwich filling ingredients worked brilliantly together, and we will definitely make this sandwich again (with wholemeal bread next time!). Reviewed for Pick A Chef, Fall 2007.