Recipe by Atherine
This is a recipe I invented based on a dish we would get at my favorite Mexican restaurant growing up - it is similar to nachos.
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb shredded chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mexican cheese
The following ingredients are optional and you can use any combination below
- green olives
- black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook beef on medium-high heat until browned (or boil/bake chicken and shred it up).
- Cook refried beans as directed on can.
- Layer a non-greased casserole dish with tortilla chips. Spread with refried beans until covered, then sprinkle beef/chicken on top.
- Layer with generous amounts of cheese, and sprinkle with toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.