In '1,000 Mexican Recipes' by Marge Poore
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup prepared canned tomato sauce
- fresh salsa
- 4 cups canned beef broth, diluted with 1/2 cup water
- 1In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together except the tomato sauce, salsa, and broth.
- 2With clean hands work mixture together.
- 3Add just enough tomato sauce to hold mixture together, making it moist but firm.
- 4Form into small meatballs, 1 1/2 inch in diameter.
- 5In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
- 6Decrease heat to med-low and add the meatballs.
- 7Simmer about 25 minutes to completely cook the meatballs.
- 8Remove the meatballs to a serving dish.
- 9Place a bowl of fresh salsa on the side; serve with toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Botana De Albondigas (Appetizer Meatballs)
Serving Size: 1 (1824 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 27.0 mg
- Sodium 240.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g