Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is one tasty burger-love the cran/ketchup sauce!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- red leaf lettuce
- In a medium bowl mix together the turkey, egg, onions, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, pepper and Dijon Mustard.
- Form into 4 patties and either grill for fry until done, around 4 minutes on each side over medium high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the ketchup and cranberry sauce.
- On the bottom bun place 1 cooked burger, top with the sauce and lettuce.
Great turkey burger and the sauce makes it extra special. We added cheese to our burgers.
Made this burger pretty much as written except I did not make the sauce but I will in the future. Burger was tender and moist but I did have to cook it longer than 4 min. - more like 9 min. but on a pretty low heat & I didn't let it get really dark on the outside - I don't like that crusty hard stuff. I have one left for tomorrow's lunch too. This is a nice change from the usual beef burger. Try this, it's very good. Thanks
I used this recipe as a base for turkey burgers. The only thing I changed was to add some chopped cooked bacon and a little feta cheese. I will definitely be using this recipe again. I didn't try the cran-ketchup.