Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
from sushiday.com Similar to a California roll, but with shrimp instead of imitation crab. I need to figure out where I can buy tobiko. I love that stuff!
- 6 sheets nori
- 3 cups sushi rice, cooked
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small cucumber
- 36 small shrimp, with the tails cut off
- 1 cup tobiko (flying fish eggs)
- Slice the avocado and cucumber into long, thin slices.
- Roll the sushi inside-out, using avocado, cucumber, and shrimp as your fillings.
- Before cutting the sushi into pieces, spoon the masago over the sushi roll to coat (you can use more or less masago depending on your preference). Now cut the sushi into 6 or 8 pieces.
- Serve with shoyu, wasabi, and ginger if desired.
We used Masago, which is fish roe (same as fish eggs) and we found it at the Asian Market. It's in the refrigerator section. I cut the recipe in half for us, because we were making other kinds of sushi all at once. Very nice choice of shrimp and vegetables, and so fresh and rewarding!