Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received an email today from RecipeRobot.com and this is one of the featured copycat recipes.
- 10 ounces carrots, sliced, undrained
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced, undrained
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, cut 4-5 pieces
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 12 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (or stick margarine or bottled liquid margarine)
- 3 English muffins, cut into 1/2-inch cubes with crumbs
- 8 ounces unseasoned croutons
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- When you open the can of carrots, run the blade of a paring knife through them right in the can so that you've reduced them to tiny bits without mashing them. Empty it then into a Dutch oven. Add the mushrooms; set aside.
- Empty the can of broth into the blender and add the celery along with the sage, poultry seasoning, bouillon powder and margarine. Blend a few seconds on high speed, only until celery is finely minced.
- Meanwhile, add the English muffin cubes, (crumbs too), croutons, parsley and onion to the Dutch oven. Pour blender mixture over and stir to combine with rubber bowl scraper until completely moist.
- Cover with a lid and bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes to an hour or until piping hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers to use within a week. Freeze to use within 4 months.