1/2 Photos of Boston Market Squash Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
This is fairly close to Boston Market's Squash Casserole. I've only had it a few times but its gooood. You can make this recipe to freeze ahead for OAMC. You'll be happy to have it in the freezer, I promise! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups zucchini, diced
- 4 1/2 cups yellow squash, diced
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onions, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1Prepare Jiffy Mix as directed on the box, set aside to cool.
- 2Place zucchini and yellow squash in a large saucepan and add just enough of water to cover.
- 3Cook on medium low heat just until tender, remove from heat.
- 4Drain squash, reserve one cup of water for casserole.
- 5On medium low temperature place all of the butter in large sauce pan and sauté the onions until the onions turn clear, add salt, pepper, thyme, and parsley.
- 6Add chicken bouillon cubes and garlic to onions, stir.
- 7Add drained squash and diced cheese, stir.
- 8Crumble corn bread in squash and pour the reserved cup of water and mix well.
- 9Place squash mixture in a 13x11" baking pan that has been sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- 10*This is the point I freeze mine - can also be frozen in 2 small pans if desired. Then all you have to do is thaw when ready and cook!
- 11Cover casserole and place in a preheated oven at 350°F.
- 12Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- 13Remove cover the last 20 minutes of baking time.
- 14Lower Fat content by reducing amount of butter used by half.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Boston Market Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.8
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 1163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 11.0 g