Recipe by JustaQT
From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
Top Review by Tower_Keeper
Very Good!! Never thought to add onion to a mac and cheese recipe but it gives it the extra Umphf!! I doubled the recipe to make sure there was enough for all. Turns out I was the only one who really liked it. MORE FOR ME!!!
- 6 ounces macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup american processed cheese (or 1/4 lb.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to instructions, drain and set aside.
- To make cheese sauce, melt butter in a saucepan add onion flour.
- Allow this to thicken, and when thickened slowly add the milk.
- When all milk is added, you may add the cheese.
- For this Velveeta, is really the best, but you can use another brand.
- Add salt, pepper, and dry mustard.
- When sauce has thickened, add pasta.
- Lightly butter a casserole dish, and add pasta mixture to casserole dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.