Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received an email today featuring a few Boston Market copycat recipes. This one appears to be SLIGHTLY different from the others posted on Zaar so I thought I'd add it as well. I hope it's good! Please note that the number of servings is just a guesstimate. :-)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter (or margarine or canola oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (to taste)
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash pepper, to taste
- 1 (20 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach (cooked according to package directions & well drained OR 2 pounds fresh spinach, cleaned, stems remo)
- 1 tablespoon dry onion, chopped (OR 1 small onion, peeled, ends removed, diced)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together celery soup, flour, butter, garlic salt, salt and pepper until smooth and piping hot.
- Add cooked and drained spinach and the onion.
Definitely tastes like Boston Market Creamed Spinach.
I was so surprised and glad that cheese was excluded.
Thank you, this is a keeper!
The family loved this recipe & decided it is a keeper! Thank you for sharing this with all of us....
Really good, better than boston market, IMO! thanks for the great recipe, will make again... and soon!